Just what does it take to run a successful family business? It takes energy, passion, and determination to never give up. No matter what. Family life and family business need TLC in equal measure, and true grit to take on the challenges that both throws at you are what beats at the heart of all family-run enterprises.
As the leaders of family businesses, we’ve all been through life’s challenges including –
- Getting funding for a startup idea
- Having to deal with the death of an inspiring family leader
- Starting from scratch after losing a business
- Facing an unfathomable pension pot deficit
- Picking yourself up from an acrimonious divorce
- Having to put one foot in front of the other whilst suffering from a short term or long term illness
- Facing the fact that the next generation don’t want to continue in your footsteps
- Having to spin on a sixpence to meet every changing market demands
- Running out of money
…Or simply having the mental strength to carry on in spite of huge personal and mental health challenges.
These issues and many more we will be discussing. Come along and share the experiences of amazing family businesses who have done that seen that and wear the T-shirt with pride. You will be inspired!